IFCPC-IARC Training course in Colposcopy and the prevention of Cervical Cancer Overview – Entire Course
The course is designed to train colleagues in Low and Middle Income Countries who would like to care for screen positive women and women with precancerous cervical disease. The course is in modular form and it’s components are:
- A theoretical component delivered in the form of approximately 30 topics which are available on line.
- 30 directly supervised cases (half new cases, 10 high grade).
- 70 indirectly supervised cases (half new cases, 10 high grade).
- A log book of expected competencies which the trainee needs to achieve.
- Each nominated course trainer will have attended a Train the Trainers seminar and will have sufficient case throughput and time to undertake the training and assessment required.
- Each nominated course trainer will sign off the log books and competency form.
- An Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) will be organised for trainees who have satisfactorily completed the above components and been signed off by their trainers.
- Successful examination candidates will receive an IFCPC-IARC certificate of course completion. (images, details).
- Topics will normally include a short quiz as well as a downloadable case study.
- A practical hands on clinic attendance is mandatory at some time during the year whereby the trainee will manage.