Who We Are:
Founded in 1972, the IFCPC is a federation of national societies of colposcopy and cervical pathology devoted to reducing the burden of cervical cancer worldwide and to promoting excellence in the recognition and management of cervical pre-cancer and cancer.
Composed of 45 national societies and more than 8500 colposcopists, the Federation focuses on varying ambitions for different parts of the world. The primary responsibility in the developed world is to maintain standards, promote improvement through quality assurance, education and training. In the emerging economies, the emphasis of the Federation is different and should be to respond to individual needs: focusing on training and education in colposcopy and the treatment of pre-invasive disease in support of regional initiatives and from other international agencies.
Further objectives of the Federation are as follows:
- To stimulate basic and applied research and the diffusion of knowledge in matters concerning uterine cervical pathology and colposcopy.
- To stimulate the creation of national societies.
- To contribute to the standardization of terminology and evaluation of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the field of cervical pathology.
- To hold at regular intervals world congresses, each successively in a different country. To sponsor on request regional or national congresses organized by affiliated societies. Where possible, to help coordinate the dates of conferences which are relevant to the field of cervical pathology.
- To represent affiliated societies whenever joint scientific action is appropriate.
- To establish and maintain relations with other international organizations and to promote activities which further the objects of the Federation.
- The mission of the IFCPC is to reduce the burden of cervical cancer worldwide through the stimulation of both basic and applied research, diffusion of knowledge surrounding appropriate fields, and standardization of terminology in the field of cervical pathology.
For Administrative and Financial Matters:
3416 Primm Lane, Birmingham, Alabama, 35216
Phone: +1 205-823-6106
For distance learning courses: email@example.com